PUD No. 1 of Douglas County
Revised July 18, 2011
To provide the best possible utility services at the lowest possible cost consistent with sound business principles.
• Douglas PUD makes policy decisions in open public meetings with consideration of community needs, public input, and the best interests of the District.
• Douglas PUD is fiscally responsible.
• Douglas PUD is environmentally responsible.
• Douglas PUD is service oriented and responsible to its public owners.
• Douglas PUD values its employees.
• Douglas PUD employees take ownership in the services they provide and the
assets for which they are responsible.
• Douglas PUD provides a safe workplace and promotes a safe community.
• Douglas PUD pursues regional issues through and is committed to the success of its industry associations.
• Douglas PUD follows an Integrated Resource Plan for electric supply focused on meeting resource needs with owned assets or long-term contracts.
• Douglas PUD prefers renewable resources in new power-supply decisions.
• Douglas PUD is committed to local and bulk electric system security and reliability.
• Douglas PUD promotes information-age technology development.
• Douglas PUD monitors growth potential to plan system changes proactively.