GENERAL INFORMATION: The Hydropower Engineer will work under the supervision of the Wells Project Superintendent or his designee. Duties will be related to the operation, maintenance and testing of equipment and controls for the Wells Hydroelectric Project and its related facilities. The Hydropower Engineer's duties may also involve the administration of contractor services for projects requiring bid documents, specifications and construction management. Assignments will include engineering management of projects involving civil, mechanical, electrical or electronic control system upgrades and replacements. The Hydropower Engineer's primary responsibility will be to provide engineering support for the Generator Rebuild and Unit Refurbishment project to rebuild ten 80 MW generating units and associated Kaplan turbines at the Wells Project. In addition the Hydropower Engineer may provide engineering and project management support for other capital improvement projects.
Successful applicants should have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering is desired.
- Applicants who have experience with the construction, maintenance, and testing of hydroelectric generating units and associated balance-of-plant equipment will be considered.
- At least seven years of employment experience at a generation facility, hydro experience preferred.
- Supervisory skills and experience
- Ability to interact with co-workers, vendors, and the public in a respectful and positive manner
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- A current Washington State Driver License and evidence of good driving record
Douglas PUD offers excellent working conditions and a competitive salary and benefit package. Employee benefits include: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, personal leave, paid holidays, participation in Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), deferred compensation programs with employer matching, Health Reimbursement Accounts with employer contributions, Wellness Program, training opportunities, and more. This is an administrative position and is not subject to any of the conditions contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement other than those benefits that apply to all employees.
This position is open until filled. First resume review is scheduled for October 25, 2018.